WOIA is an employment and training program funded by the U.S. Department of Labor to help Dislocated Workers and other Eligible Adults access the tools they need to manage their careers through information and high quality services, and to help U.S. companies find skilled workers.
The New Hampshire Community Action Agencies are key partners in delivering state-wide employment and training services. Since the implementation of WIOA in 2000, Southern NH Services (SNHS) has been awarded the role as the WIOA Program Administrator responsible for the service delivery and performance outcomes of the WIOA Adult and Dislocated Worker Programs and National Emergency Grants for the state of New Hampshire by the Department of Resources and Economic Development - Office of Workforce Opportunity.
The four NH Community Action Agencies are part of the one-stop NH Works partnership system that includes NH Department of Resources and Economic Development, NH Department of Education, NH Employment Security, NH Department of Health and Human Services, Senior Community Service Employment Program and the NH Community College System.
- You have been recently laid-off or terminated from employment
- You are unemployed
- You are collecting Food Stamps or TANF
- You are employed and your income is below the self-sufficiency guideline (based on family size; see an Career Navigator for details)
- You are a displaced homemaker
- You are homeless
WIOA services are flexible, diverse, and based on individual customer choice. WIOA Career Navigators may provide the following services at no cost to you:
- Employment Strategies and Career Planning, including career interest assessment, information on high demand occupations, and job placement follow-up services
- Educational Services and Skills Upgrading in areas such as ESOL, HiSet preparation, basic reading, math, and computer literacy
- Occupational Skills Training: Earn a credential in one of over 800 training programs
- On-the-Job Training: Participants “earn while you learn” new job skills with an employer
- Support Services such as reimbursement for transportation and childcare while in training
- Job Search Services and Job Readiness Activities,including development of interviewing skills and a resume
WIOA services are available statewide in all 12 NH Works offices. NH Works locations are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
Call one of the following locations today to schedule your appointment with a WIOA Career Navigator:
The partners of NH Works are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request.