The New Start Program is a 1-3 year program for individuals, couples, and families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. The program offers information and support to help participants heal, grow, and thrive. Intakes are done in February and August. Individuals who participate in the offered classes and submit to ongoing case management can earn a preference on the New Hampshire Housing Finance Authority wait list for a Section 8 voucher..
- Ages Served: All ages – head of household must be at least 18 years old
- Income Guidelines: 50% or below Median Family Income Limit
- Geographic Area: Belknap and Merrimack Counties
- Program Cost: Participants must submit a criminal background check ($25)
- Other Requirements: Individuals must be homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. They must participate in a 10-week educational program and ongoing case management.
- Education about life factors that contribute to the risk of homelessness
- Ongoing support for participants
- Participants receive preference on the NH Housing Finance Authority Section 8 waiting list
- Intakes are offered twice a year, and can be done over the phone
- Children are not allowed to attend the educational classes
- Participants must apply to be on the New Hampshire Housing Finance Authority wait list
- Participants must submit criminal background check and other documents
- When a voucher is obtained, participants must get a lease in Belknap or Merrimack County for at least one year
2 Industrial Park Dr,
Concord, NH 03301