The Family Planning Program serves women and men of reproductive age offering medical, educational, and referrals to social services. Family Planning offers screenings, pap smears, pregnancy tests, lab work, breast exams, STD testing, and a range of birth control options. The Family Planning Program accepts most insurance. All services are provided on a sliding fee scale with no one will be turned away because they cannot afford to pay. The staff can assist uninsured patients in applying for the NH Family Planning Medical Assistance Program, which provides coverage for family planning services including visits, birth control methods and STD testing.
- Ages Served: Women and men of reproductive age
- Income Guidelines: For those needing the sliding fee scale it is based on federal poverty guidelines and family size
- Geographic Area: Northern Merrimack, Belknap, Southeastern Grafton and Southern Carroll Counties
- Program Cost: Fees are based on a sliding fee scale or billed to patient’s insurance. Qualifying patients can apply for the NH Family Planning Medical Assistance Program.
- Confidential services are available to all patients including teens
- Reproductive health examinations for women and health screenings for men are provided
- Pregnancy testing and counseling is offered
- Screening tests including pap smears and breast exams,
- Provides sexually transmitted disease (STD) screening and treatment services
- Education about reproductive health issues and contraceptive options
- On-site pharmacy services for birth control methods and other prescription needs
- Wide range of birth control methods are available on-site including birth control pills, the shot, IUDs, implants, the patch, NuvaRing, and emergency contraception
- Preconception counseling and reproductive life planning provided
- No one is denied services due to an inability to pay
Lakes Region Family Center,
121 Belmont Road (2nd floor),
Laconia, NH 03246
To schedule an appointment or to find out more information about Family Planning services call 603 524-5453 .