HFA Home Visitors offer support to caregivers and their children by offering information, listening, sharing knowledge of community resources, and reflection on topics the family has been wondering about. Families can enroll prenatally or within two weeks of birth. Once enrolled, Home Visits are offered to families until the child’s third birthday. Home Visits are usually about an hour long and it is a time for everyone participating to connect to each other through playful activities, open parent-led conversations, by addressing concern with information, and occasional developmental milestone screens. Family member goals are explored and attended to by referrals and periodic follow-up conversations.
- Ages Served: Prenatally – 3 years old
- Income Guidelines: Medicaid eligible
- Geographic Area: Belknap County
- Program Cost: None
- Parent-led support for caregivers, whether their first pregnancy or not.
- HFA serves families throughout Belknap County.
- Home Visits can occur wherever caregiver is most comfortable.
- Highly flexible program designed to support family throughout challenges and celebrations.
- Interactions between home visitors and families are relationship-based, designed to promote positive parent-child relationships and healthy attachment, are strength-based, family
- Transportation provided for family as needed.
121 Belmont Rd.
Laconia, NH 03246
You may also complete the Head Start & Early Head Start Enrollment Application or Head Start & Early Head Start Prenatal Application.