Dutch English French German Italian Portuguese Russian Spanish

The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) provides cost-free food assistance to families and individuals in need. The TEFAP is coordinated by local NH Community Action Agencies. TEFAP distributes donated items to local community organizations such as food pantries, soup kitchens, and homeless shelters. Families and individuals in need of food assistance should contact their local Community Action Agency to find a local feeding organization.

Eligibility Requirements

  • Ages Served: Children, Adults, Elderly
  • Income Guidelines: 185% of Federal Poverty Level
  • Geographic Area: NH
  • Program Cost: None

Fast Facts

  • If you are in need of food assistance, please contact your local Community Action Agency
  • Community Action Agencies receive and provide USDA donated commodities to local feeding organizations in every county in NH throughout the year
  • Your local Community Action Agency will help you locate a community feeding organization near you
  • There are approximately 250 local community food pantries, soup kitchens and homeless shelters that receive and distribute these commodities in NH


2 Industrial Park Dr,
Concord, NH 03301


Please contact the TEFAP, Coordinator at 603 225-3295 ext. 1120 or by email at TEFAP@bm-cap.org if you have any questions.

If English is your second language or you have a disability, there are free language assistance or other aids and services available upon request. Please contact us at 603-225-2050 or 1-800-578-2050 or TTY/TDD 1-800-735-2964 so that we can arrange these for you.

Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible State or local Agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint,a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/USDAOASCR%20P-Complaint-Form-0508-0002-508-11-28-17Fax2Mail.pdf, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number,
and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

  1. Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
  3. E-mail: program.intake@usda.gov.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Declaración de No Discriminación

Nondiscrimination Statement